Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Love me or Leave me

Oh good Lord I'm blogging. Okay, so a little about me and mine and a little about what I plan to do with my brand new baby blog.

I am currently 30 years old. 30 feels older and younger than I thought it would, ya know what I mean? Of course, I never thought I’d make it to 30 to begin with, so there's that… Anyway. I am 30 years old, I have a 9 year old daughter and a fiancé, an asshole cat and a snake. 
My daughter is a shithead. I love her with every fiber of my being, but she is a shithead. My mama prayed way too hard that I get paid back for being such a shithead when I was a kid. Starting from day one she has had me on my toes. She tested all 0s and 1s on her first APGAR test, and then perfect across the board on her second. She has pretty much been kicking ass ever since. She broke her nose twice before she was 2. At her 3 month well baby visit the doctor informed me that she was "strong willed." Ha. She essentially possesses everything that I want her to have when she is an adult in order to be successful - she is quick, stubborn, doesn't give up, has an answer for everything, doesn't accept "no," and she knows what she wants and goes after it - I just wish to God she didn't have it all now. But I digress... She is currently struggling in school, not for lack of effort but thanks to an inherited reading disability combined with a short fuse. Plus, fourth grade is hard, yo! They expect a whole lot out of these children! She is also a competitive dancer which means lots of money and essentially ALL of my time. But she excels at it, learns valuable lessons and draws a huge sense of satisfaction from every performance. So, its worth all the money and all the time. And the driving. And the costumes. And shoes. And hairpins. And the money. ALL THE MONIES!I can only hope that one day she realizes and appreciates all that goes into her dance career. And who puts it all in, my fiancé and I. And who doesn’t put anything at all in, her Daddy. But that’s another blog, or 20, for another time...
Onto the fiancé. We are almost 3 years into this relationship, 2 years into living together and 11 months and counting until the wedding. I love him. Not everyone does, but I do. He is one of those guys about whom everyone says, "You'll really like him, once you get to know him." But what they really mean is, “He’s an asshole, but you get used to it." Yep, Im marryin' that guy. But it works, because I'm kind of an asshole too, and he balances me. He's reasonable where I’m emotional, calm when I'm crazy and logical where I'd rather fly off the handle. He's taught me more about myself than I knew in the 27 years before I had him. We are both stubborn and set in our ways and loathe to compromise though, so there have been fireworks, and there will be more. Stick around, Ill likely share them with ya! But we always make up in the end, and are stronger for it. 
As for me... I have a degree in Early Childhood Development. And so what if it took me 6 years to get a 2 year degree? I changed majors from engineering to early childhood and raised a baby by my damn self in the process, so there! I am a private nanny 3 (or so) days a week to an amazing family that I am super lucky to have. It is by far the best job I’ve ever had, but I’d still rather be home. Home cleaning, cooking and raising babies. I secretly (or not so secretly) think that I was born in the wrong era. I should have come of age in the 50s when women stayed home and took care of the family while men went out and worked and paid the bills and opened doors. Not a very popular opinion among my feminist friends, but fuck 'em - its my opinion afterall. I go to church on Sunday, and I used to teach the little ones downstairs. But, I use all the swears, I believe that people should be free to love whomever they choose, and I don’t think anyone has the right to tell me what to do with my body. Again, not very popular with my Christian friends, but again... well, you know. It’s up to God to judge, I am certainly not qualified. I most closely identify with the republican party, but some of them are just straight up idiots. I believe in my right to own a gun, that we should all work for our own money, and that Obama is the biggest moron to ever sit at that big pretty desk. I say these things about religion and politics to give you an idea who you’re dealing with but I don’t intend for things to be too religious or political around here, though I’m sure it will go that way occasionally.
You're still here? Still reading? well hell, welcome aboard! I honestly have no idea what to tell you to expect, but it should be fun! I’m crafty, and in the process of a DIY wedding, so there may be some crafty tutorial type stuff. I’m a teacher at heart, and make lesson plans for the currently 3 year old and 9 month old that I care for, so I may share some of those with you. I love to cook and bake (though I hate choosing what to make for dinner) so I may share some recipes and meal plans. Lots of things piss me off, so there will likely be some rants. And as much of a hard ass as I am, I get a little squishy sometimes, so brace yourselves for that. Honestly, who knows? I’m just me, I like to write, and I’d like to have an outlet to do so. Some of it may even be worth reading. I suppose we'll see together, huh? Either way, I know how precious your time is and I seriously appreciate your giving me a little of it, I’ll try not to let you down. So leave a comment, introduce yourself, take a look at the facebook page, take your coat off and stay a while!
Ha! Look at me all bloggin' away like someone is actually gonna read it. Aren't i just fucking adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment